Alex Soojung-Kim Pang is the founder of The Restful Company and a visiting scholar at Stanford. He spent more than a decade as a science and technology forecaster, most recently as a senior consultant at Strategic Business Insights. Alex received a Ph.D. in History and Sociology of Science from the University of Pennsylvania.
Alex’s Book Recommendation:
Five Good Questions:
- What’s Wallas’s four-stage model of creativity?
- What’s the Default Mode Network?
- Our society idolizes the 80-100 hour work week as a requirement for success. How do you explain the paradox of the most productive and creative people working much less than that? Also, what is this notion of “deep play” that a lot of creative people practice?
- What was a Bill Gates’s “Think Week” and what can we learn from it?
- How has your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly schedule changed based on what you learned writing a book about rest? How has it impacted how you think about work and creativity?