Steve Kamb is the founder of NerdFitness.com, a worldwide fitness community dedicated to helping nerds, desk jockeys, and self-aware robots level up their lives. He’s also the author of the book, Level Up Your Life, that gives people a blueprint for prioritizing adventure, growth, and happiness by turning life into a giant video game.
Steve’s Book Recommendation:
Five Good Questions:
- Video games often get a bad rap as large time-sucks. This may be fair in some instances, but how have video games shaped your personal development?
- I loved how you demolished two of the most common excuses people use: “I don’t have time” and “I can’t afford it.” Can you explain what those excuses really mean and how they hold people back?
- You’ve checked some pretty cool adventure boxes already. How do we go about building our own awesome life quests?
- There’s a popular saying that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time around. Who are the type of people we should seek to surround ourselves with? Everyone assumes the generic: “people better than us,” but you had a more nuanced view in your book which I found helpful.
- How have your thoughts on health and fitness evolved since you first founded nerdfitness, and what’s your current routine look like given that you’re likely managing more balls in the air than ever?